How exciting! Thanks to Sandra at Learning to Walk Alone for this award and for the comfort that I’ve found in reading her blog. Like my dad, her husband died of Parkinsons. I’ve also found her unwavering faith to be an inspiration.
The rules for receiving this award are:
I must tell seven things about myself and I must pass on the award to 15 other great bloggers.
Here are seven things about me:
- I was once told by a Venezuelan that I “have a lot of rhythm for a white girl” when I danced with him.
- I stopped biting my nails when I was a kid by chewing gum instead.
- I am a Manchester United fan and have been to Old Trafford on a number of occasions to see games and once to take a tour. English football rocks!
- I like boogie boarding in Cornwall because I don’t have to try to stand up on a board and my eyesight is so bad that I wouldn’t manage to survive waves larger than those found inEngland!
- I love watching Charlie Chaplin films, WWII documentaries and visiting museums. I expect that officially makes me a nerd. Oh dear, what a shame. (!)
- My favourite painting of all time is The Lady of Shalott by John William Waterhouse, based on a poem of the same name by Lord Alfred Tennyson… Wonderful!
- My dream job would be to work for a charity organising various fundraising events. I am painfully well organised and love the sense of achievement when it all comes together successfully. The biggest event I’ve ever organised was an auction of promises that raised about £2000 – and I did this as well as my full-time job.
The 15 blogs I’m passing this award to are:
- The mud and the lotus
- My autoimmune life
- The Dexterous Diva
- Verity PCOS
- The Warrior Woman with Endometriosis
- Endometriosis: the silent life sentence
- Chronically creative
- My Endo Diary
- I will not suffer in silence
- Endometriosis Update
- Bangable Dudes in History
- Cool Chicks from History
- Pictures of War (which is currently banned inChina)
- Wearing History
- History and Women
Each blogger who receives this award must write seven things about themselves and then pass the aware onto 15 other bloggers. To copy the award logo, right click, select copy, go to your blog post and click paste.
I expect some of the above won’t “accept” the award (Verity is a charity and therefore not run by one person) but are most certainly worth a look!