- I’ve asked for photos from my dad’s family – I expect it’s the only thing that they can give me now that he’s gone.
- Dad only came to England once and he took lots of photos of road signs. I don’t know why.
- Dad said that if I ever needed SERIOUS help that I just needed to call him and call him “Father” and he would understand. I don’t know what he thought he would do but I expect it calmed his mind that he and I had a code…
- Dad had a younger brother who died just a few days before I was born. At the same time The Beatles had a hit with “Let it be”. Although he was an Elvis fan, he always liked that Beatles tune.
- After I was first married to the first husband, Dad would ring me and insist that I have babies. “Are you pregnant?” was his usual conversation opener, followed quickly by “You’re my seed”. I expect he got tired of asking for grandchildren after a while. I wanted babies in my 20s but decided against it with my first husband. Helios offered to have children with me but “you have to want it 110%”. It was hard to be honest with myself but I really didn’t want children – I enjoy having fun now and I’m not guilty about being selfish in this regard at all.