- My scary work project is finally nearly over. I’ve been amalgamating two filing systems into one new system for the past few weeks. Today I finished removing the files from the old systems – except for those that are currently being worked on. I spent the afternoon beaming and smiling around the office. It’s so nice to see an end to a long slog!
- A sleeping bag arrived today for Apollo’s visit. We bought it online. The neighbours are going to let us use their 3 man tent for the duration of his stay. I’m really looking forward to showing him around! He arrives with us the weekend 13/14th August.
- I wasn’t surprised that Amy Winehouse died. Sad but not surprised.
- I generally don’t like fish – I think it’s due to my Midwestern US upbringing. The closest body of water was several hundred miles away.
- My favourite cartoon is still Calvin & Hobbes. Classic!